Please check consult the Academic Calendar for change of major application deadlines.
Program Entry Requirements
Current TCNJ students interested in transferring into an EECE program must meet the following requirements:
- students are expected to possess a minimum 2.75 GPA*
- students must have completed one of the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- PHY 103
- BIO 104
- MAT 105
- MAT 106
Furthermore, as all students in EECE programs are dual majors with an approved content area major, incoming students must select and apply for an approved content area program.
* students below this threshold may still be considered for acceptance at the discretion of the Department Chair; students entering EECE programs with more than eight (8) completed units at the College and GPAs less than 2.75 will immediately be subject to the Student Retention Policy.
Accepted Student Requirements
Students accepted into EECE programs must be able to demonstrate basic skills competency as required by regulations of the New Jersey Department of Education. Accepted students must do one of the following:
- take and pass all sections of the Praxis Core exam**
- provide documentation demonstrating requisite scores on another state-approved test of basic skills (SAT or ACT)
More information about Praxis Core and approved tests can be found here.
** note: this is a different test than Praxis II.
Students accepted into EECE programs must complete this requirement within two regular session semesters (fall and spring) after the date of application or before the start of Clinical Practice I/ACB, whichever is first. In other words, a student who applies and is accepted to become an EECE major in Spring 2019 must take and pass the Praxis Core or provide satisfactory documentation before the end of the Spring 2020 semester.
Change of Content Area Major
Current students interested in changing their content area major must meet the desired content area major’s requisites and follow the intended department’s change of major process. This does not require EECE department approval.