Advanced Core Block (ACB)
How to Apply
In order to apply for Clinical Practice I, you will need to meet with your education advisor, who will help you to complete a Qualtrics-based application, review your transcript to determine if you have completed the requisite courses (or have an appropriate timeline for completion), and provide their approval if appropriate. If you intend to apply for Clinical Practice I, please email your advisor to set up a meeting.
The only way to apply for Clinical Practice I is through your advisor. This is done intentionally.
Applications are due two semesters (excluding winter and summer) prior to the semester you intend to take Clinical Practice I.
Once you have submitted an application, your transcript and basic skills requirement will be reviewed to determine if you are ready to take Clinical Practice I. Students who do not meet the requirements prior to the start of the CP1 semester will be dropped from their CP1 registration and must reapply.
For students who entered TCNJ in Fall 2018 or later, you will need to have a grade of P for ELE 90 in order to demonstrate that you have met the basic skills requirement prior to the start of your CP1 semester. If you have an IP you will need to submit qualifying documentation here: https://tcnj.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0MWxdFGd32Grb37
For students who entered TCNJ prior to Fall 2018, you will need to provide documentation demonstrating that you have met the basic skills requirement to Nichole Torres (email@example.com) prior to the start of your CP1 semester.
For more information on the basic skills requirement, see the Certification page.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate that you have satisfied the basic skills requirement (grade of P in ELE 90 for students who entered in Fall 2018 or later, OR submission of qualifying documentation for students who entered prior to Fall 2018).
- Achieve a C+ or better in MST 202 and MTT 202.
- Achieve a C or better in PHY 103, BIO 104, MAT 105, and MAT 106 (or other courses as required by your content area major).
- Early Childhood Education: C+ or better in ECE 201, ECE 202, and RAL 222.
- Elementary Education: C+ or better in ELE 201 and RAL 221.