Advanced Core Block (ACB)
How to Apply
Our procedures for applying to take part in Clinical Practice I have changed!
In order to apply for Clinical Practice I, you will need to meet with your education advisor, who will help you to complete a Qualtrics-based application, review your transcript to determine if you have completed the requisite courses (or have an appropriate timeline for completion), and provide their approval if appropriate. If you intend to apply for Clinical Practice I, please email your advisor to set up a meeting.
The only way to apply for Clinical Practice I is through your advisor. This is done intentionally.
Once you have submitted an application, you will need to submit a copy of the following documentation to Corey Drake via email (email@example.com) or in hard copy (Education 104):
- A copy of your unofficial transcript; this is available through PAWS
- Documentation demonstrating that you have satisfied the basic skills requirement through one of the following ways:
- Take and pass all sections of the Praxis Core
- SAT post-2016, 1600 scale: Reading/Writing section 610 OR Reading test 30, Math 570
- SAT pre-2016, 2400 scale: Verbal 560, Math 540
- ACT: English 23, Math 23
Applications are due two semesters (excluding winter and summer) prior to the semester you intend to take Clinical Practice I.
For more information, see the Certification page.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate that you have satisfied the basic skills requirement.
- Achieve a C+ or better in MST 202 and MTT 202.
- Achieve a C or better in PHY 103, BIO 104, MAT 105, and MAT 106 (or other courses as required by your content area major).
- Early Childhood Education: C+ or better in ECE 201, ECE 202, and RAL 222.
- Elementary Education: C+ or better in ELE 201 and RAL 221.