Ph.D. Syracuse University
M.Ed. The College of New Jersey
LLB. The University of Manitoba
B.Ed. The University of Manitoba
B. A. The University of Manitoba
- Internship I
- The Teaching Professional Capstone
- Exploring Teaching
- Culminating Seminar in Elementary/Secondary Education
- Elementary Education Seminar
- Great Conversations & The Finer Things (For CCS program)
- Supervision of Student Teachers
- Inclusion in post-secondary education
- Pre-service teacher literacy and world knowledge
- Elementary teacher education
- International education
- Association of Teacher Educators (ATE)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
Dr. Carroll has been at TCNJ since 1998. Over this time he has taught a number of field-based courses in both graduate and undergraduate Elementary and Early Childhood programs, has taught introductory and capstone classes throughout the School of Education, and has taught at TCNJ sites in Venezuela, Israel, Bolivia, Kuwait, Taiwan, Egypt, Thailand, and Spain. In summers he is the coordinator of TCNJ’s summer program in Mallorca, Spain which is looking forward to its 33rd summer. He is currently the Director of Graduate Global Programs.
Dr. Carroll has been involved with the Career and Community Studies program, which serves young adults with intellectual disabilities, since its inception, and has created courses and programs that bring the students in the program together with teaching candidates from across the School of Education.
Dr. Carroll has worked to develop and maintain his department’s One Department, One Book initiative, and is interested in promoting pre-service teacher’s personal and professional development in a variety of ways.